[thechat] european airline-agnostic flight booking site

John Handelaar john at userfrenzy.com
Thu Nov 17 04:17:24 CST 2005

Matt Warden wrote:
> chatters,
>
> So, is there a site where I can put in a source and destination and get
> results from all available airlines, ordered by price?

Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity all have .co.uk variants.

Unfortunately you're SOL at this kind of notice.

There appear to be *no* budget airlines covering Paris-Rome routes.
Your cheapest option by far is a 14-hour rail trip from Paris Gare
de Lyon --> Roma Tiburtina for €146.20, one-way.  Suck.

Easyjet will get you to Milan from Paris-CDG for €47 (plus tax) from
where you can continue by express rail.

You *can* do this entirely with easyjet but it'll involve a) going
to London in each direction and b) transferring from LGW to LTN on
the Thameslink train which runs through the centre of London. (1hr 50)

There are more flight options at skyscanner.net, which trawls for
them across budget airlines.  You'll note there are no direct routes.

> Is missing that connection flight going to be an issue? Should I
> do anything beyond simply informing them at the desk when we arive at
> CDG that we will not be on the flight to Amsterdam?

I'd have thought that a plane marked 'Amsterdam' would send your bags
to Amsterdam, whether you get off the plane at CDG or not.  I'm sure
they have an actual phone number at $wherever_you're_flying_from
(Chicago?)

jh