[thechat] TX Hill Country was: pease porridge hot

Bob Davis bob at bobdavis.org
Tue Dec 6 15:21:08 CST 2005

On Dec 6, 2005, at 11:20 AM, Martin Burns wrote:

> On Tue, December 6, 2005 4:44 pm, Bob Davis said:

>> It's also about 500 yards away from where we had our wedding...
>
> And pretty as a picture it is too.

It really is.

It's been a very dry year though, so you saw it in better shape. I
was out this past weekend at a ranch, and the rancher says it's going
to be a bad winter for wildlife (deer especially) - there just isn't
much to eat.

>> I was just out there a few weeks ago. Nice place to kick back in the
>> shade with a Shiner Bock and listen to some music.
>
> But that works for just about *anywhere* :-)

;)

heh - yes, but there's something about a Texas icehouse type
atmosphere that is instantly relaxing.

More about Luckenbach:
http://www.luckenbachtexas.com/

I really want to go to Willy's 4th of July party there some time.
It's supposed to be a hoot.

bob