[thechat] Keeping flowers alive

Canfield, Joel JCanfield at PacAdvantage.org
Thu Jan 5 13:43:50 CST 2006

> Suppose one had received a nice basket of flowers and one
> were botanically challenged, how would one keep the flowers
> alive and fresh as long as possible?
>
> Any tips, guys? :)

one of those little packets from the local florist in their water

or, a teaspoon of sugar in their water. clear, non-diet soda pop works
too. but mixed in the water, not straight. probably caffeine-free is
best, but I'm not really sure about that

also avoid caffeinated beverages if it's a flesh-eating plant.

okay, maybe just stick to that second paragraph and ignore the rest of
the blather