[thechat] Keeping flowers alive

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Thu Jan 5 15:02:40 CST 2006

Madhu Menon asked about keeping cut flowers:

>>Suppose one had received a nice basket of flowers and one
>>were botanically challenged, how would one keep the flowers
>>alive and fresh as long as possible?

>>Any tips, guys? :)

(1) Find a really really pretty girl you would like to know better,
and ask her for help.  Then later also ask for her number and a date.

(2) Something about cutting the stems diagonally, pulling off a
bunch of leaves and putting them in lukewarm water with a bit of sugar.

(3)
http://magazines.ivillage.com/countryliving/garden/gdecorate/articles/0,
,406064_636951-2,00.html

I still say step (1) is the best option!

HTH,

RonL.