[thechat] ice cream songs

Canfield, Joel JCanfield at PacAdvantage.org
Mon Jan 9 16:25:31 CST 2006

Not having much success googling this: I wanna put together a medley of
songs with the 'ice cream' progression (I vi IV V) and although I've
played eleventeen of 'em, for the life of me I can't come up with one
name.

Searching the web hasn't helped much. I've found fascinating bits about
how Lennon loved to substitute the seven for the six, and endless
commentary on how common the progression is, but other than 'Duke of
Earl' and 'Teen Angel' (not likely to make our set list) I just can't
come up with anything.

Ideas?

How 'bout a reverse chord tool? Plug in the progression, and list songs
that use it. The medley-munger's friend.

joel