[thechat] No Stairway! was ice cream songs

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Fri Jan 20 10:26:15 CST 2006

Martin Burns asked:

>>the music shop I worked in while at school had a fines system in place
>>Anyone want to suggest up to date alternatives?

Hi Martin,

'Anything Ron plays' is probably too generic, sooooo here are a
few suggestions:

(1) The intro to "Basket Case" by Green Day.  I think it's pretty
much a given that this has to be on the list.

(2) The snippet from EJ's "Cliffs of Dover" where (IIRC) you
hold down the high e string at the 15th fret and alternate
picking that with 'sweeping' back and forth across the 19th and
17th frets.  That has *got* to be driving music shop folks nuts
by now.

(3) Hmmm ... I'm not 100% sure, but I'll bet there is a portion
of Metallica's "Enter Sandman" that probably qualifies.

RonL.

Annoying music shop workers for <mumblety-mumble-mumble /> years!