[thechat] WhatThePlant?

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Fri Feb 10 04:35:05 CST 2006

On Thu, February 9, 2006 4:21 pm, Canfield, Joel said:
> I'm looking for an online tool a la 'what the font' that'll ask me a
> series of salient questions to identify the mysterious plants around our
> office (people bring 'em in randomly, move 'em from place to place, then
> leave and nobody knows what most of 'em are.)
>
> I used to be in landscaping, so I can identify most SoCal outdoor
> plants, but these are NorCal indoor plants, and I'm persistently
> stumped.

...hmmm NorCal indoor plants... They're not growing under special lights, well away from
the windows, perchance?

I'm still trying to work out what these beauties are that I found last spring in a
nearby wood:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/martinb/6394217/in/set-173329/

Cheers
Martin

--
"Names, once they are in common use   | Spammers: Send me email to
 quickly become mere sounds, their    | -> yumyum at easyweb.co.uk <- to train