[thechat] what a month - music music music

Canfield, Joel JCanfield at PacAdvantage.org
Thu Mar 2 12:25:51 CST 2006

Band's first gig last Saturday was spectacular. These guys worked hard,
and it showed. [note to self - skip no more voice lessons . . . ] Found
out Dave the really good guitar player has a sister who sings, married
to a tenor sax player. Who are both interested in fooling about a bit
with some music stuff.

February Album Writing Month (FAWM.org) - spectacular success. Of 146
active participants, 71 (including me) wrote 14 complete songs, each. I
got demos (rough as a gator's butt) recorded for 11, and plan to whip
out the other three this weekend. Collaborated with a lady from
Wisconsin on one of hers (provided music and demo for her lyrics.)

James bought drums and has started actually learning to play. Rachelle
has gone from indifferent about her musical efforts to driven like a
madman (hmm . . . wonder where she got *that* from . . . ) and Sue is
asking if I'll show her some keyboard stuff (please don't tell her I
don't play keyboards; she doesn't know)

And Fiona, when she's not playing (in a soft melodious manner!) her new
recorder, is standing under my microphone, singing, loud. And expecting
to hear it played back.

So, now that it's all done, I'm feeling massive rubber band snap back,
resulting in a serious need for a road trip.

If I only had some of that, um, what was it called?

oh; I remember

money