[thechat] Longish reply -- RE: Calling Houstonians (is thataword:))

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Thu Apr 6 11:26:46 CDT 2006

Elfur Logadóttir noted:

>>Right, I've got the location of the car.
>>There's a slight problem though, they keys of the car are in Germany
>>My brother is interested in how long it really is and whether it's rusty or shaky or how well it's built etc.

>>If there's any chance you can take a look I (and he) would greatly appreciate it.

Hi Elfur,

Man!  Your brother has some _seriously_ wicked karma working here!!  ;-)    [1]

I just talked to Gladys at the storage yard where the truck is being kept.  She was kinda
'chatty': <snippets /> The owner shipped the truck here from Germany and was planning to
travel in it, but had to return to Germany for some family emergency.  He was here in
Houston 2 or 3 weeks ago.  He has rented storage space from them before.  He has or plans
to put the truck up on eBay. [I took a quick look and it doesn't seem to be on eBay at
the moment ... I was checking to see if there was a 'time urgency' at work here with an
upcoming auction deadline or something.]

Anyway ... Gladys has agreed to let me in to the storage yard to take some pictures.

I'll pop over and snap some pix on my lunch hour tomorrow.  (I've got a note in my
pocket to remind me to bring in my camera, a tape measure, and a notebook.)

I can probably shoot you an email with my impression of the beast tomorrow afternoon.

But it will probably be Monday before I post the pictures.  (I'll download the pix at
home and then, probably, sneakernet them into the office and upload them on Monday.)

That work okay?

Adventure Ho!  Excelsior!

RonL.

[1] The truck is less than 10 miles from my office!  How fortunate is that?