[thechat] Pachelbel?

Terry Fowler quackamoe at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 11 16:18:04 CDT 2006

--- "Luther, Ron" <Ron.Luther at hp.com> wrote:

> How about a nicely done bit of Pachelbel to start
> off (or end ) your
> day?
>
> http://www.golfwealth.com/mysteryguitarplayer.htm

Eureka! The original is by the Taiwanese guitar
sensation JerryC! I'd never heard of him but you can
find him at http://www.jerryc.tw/, where you can
download the backing track.[1]

Having some time on my hands[2] I searched around
youtube and found several more of these guys who've
either covered or just finger-synced JerryC's Canon
Rock:

http://www3.youtube.com/watch?v=QjA5faZF1A8&search=pachelbel%20guitar
http://www3.youtube.com/watch?v=1_GVToWokaY&search=pachelbel%20guitar
http://www3.youtube.com/watch?v=rFsa473bgWU&search=pachelbel%20guitar
http://www3.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3Cil2xMhM0&search=pachelbel%20guitar
http://www3.youtube.com/watch?v=7LkR5pdMDRM&search=pachelbel%20guitar
http://www3.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie-eMD_vBpM&search=pachelbel%20guitar

But if you'd prefer an acoustic version, how about a
guy named Trace Bundy? Hokey smoke!

http://www3.youtube.com/watch?v=2EE3a0DQyIk&search=pachelbel%20guitar

Terry

* Well, unless your company-supplied laptop's IE6
  prevents you from doing so. Hmph. No luck with
  Firefox either. Doesn't matter; I haven't played
  guitar since about 1981 when I sold my Guild
  Starfire for US$300.

http://froogle.google.com/froogle_cluster?q=guild+starfire&pid=4709277296120312198&oid=2171405266305814346&btnG=Search+Froogle&scoring=mrd&hl=en

  Yeah, that looks EXACTLY like it. Grrrr! Aaargh!

[2] I fractured my patella on Valentine's Day and have
been laid up ever since. Fortunately I still get %80
of my Boeing salary. Woo  hoo! Should be finally
starting physical therapy pretty soon. What's that?
How'd I do it? I was fueling up my car and stepped
over the hose, well, almost stepped over. Caught my
right foot on the hose and went down on the left knee.
Yeah, it hurt.