[thechat] House vs. Spike

Chris Spruck cspruck at mindspring.com
Wed Apr 12 09:31:13 CDT 2006

Newrow,

:P :)

William Anderson said:

>Hurrumph, Edmund Blackadder, not Black Adder :P :)

Apologies, it was purely just some half-asleep copy and pasting of names and links from different sites that had it in various (incorrect) formats, as well as instinctually typing it in name format after RA's name.

One of the funnier malapropisms was "Catpain Blackudder", from series four (the "WWI from the trenches" storyline with Hugh Laurie playing George):

Baldrick: Message from HQ, sir.
George: Ah, now, this should be it. A telegram ordering an advance!
Edmund: Ummm yes, I'm afraid not, George, it is a telegram, it is ordering an advance, but it seems to be addressed to 'Catpain Blackudder'. Do you know a 'Catpain Blackudder', George?
George: Well, it rings a bell, but I..
Edmund: Ouhh.....nope, me neither. (throws message away)
George: Oh well.

Chris