[thechat] House vs. Spike

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Sat Apr 22 14:18:09 CDT 2006

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 13:58:49 +0100, William Anderson <neuro at well.com> wrote:
>> And then you wake up a little more and you realise you only thought it
>> was in Welsh, and you really are drunk.
>>
>> Does anyone else get that?
>
> Nope, but waking up to a programme in Gaelic scares the living shit out
> of me for at least 5-10 seconds.  "What are they saying, why are they
> saying it, what's going on, why can't I understand them, HAVE I FINALLY
> LOST MY MIND?!?! ... Oh, it's in Gaelic.

See, you're missing the possibility that the Gaels have finally risen up
and taken Queen Margaret Drive in the name of Somhairle MacGill-Eain.

There will be some re-education (re-runs of Machair mainly), but I
for one welcome our new Dotoman overlords.

Cheers
Martin
(who has a Scotvec in Gaelic...)

--
"Names, once they are in common use   | Spammers: Send me email to
 quickly become mere sounds, their    | -> yumyum at easyweb.co.uk
 etymology being buried, like so many | my filter. Currently killing over
 of the earth's marvels, beneath the  | 99.9% of all known spams stone dead.
 dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie     | http://nuclearelephant.com/projects/dspam