[thechat] Strange booze (was: More Big Truck Stuff!)

Garrett Coakley garrett at polytechnic.co.uk
Thu May 4 18:25:04 CDT 2006

On Thursday4 May 2006, at Thu 18:13, Canfield, Joel wrote:

> so how does this stuff compare to, say, potcheen or everclear (not
> that those two are even remotely related)

Never heard of everclear so I couldn't give you a comparison there,
but I have a passing familiarity with poteen via various means (god
bless the Irish roots), I've never had any of the ones you can buy
over the counter though, so caveat emptor.

I actually preferred the Brennivín to the poteens I've had. It had a
smoother taste - although "taste" is a strange word to be using with
this stuff, "sensation" might be more accurate - which I think was
due to the cumin they add to it.

Both are interesting in their own right though. I wouldn't want to
drink either on a regular basis but it's always interesting to sample
the different ways people find to get smashed around the world *:)

Heh, months away from thechat and my first conversation back is all
about hooch, how typical!

G.

   Home: http://polytechnic.co.uk
Flickr: http://flickr.com/photos/garrettc