[thechat] np?

Garrett Coakley garrett at polytechnic.co.uk
Thu Aug 24 12:06:07 CDT 2006

On Thursday24 Aug 2006, at Thu 16:09, Luther, Ron wrote:

> Soooooo ... whatcha'll listin' to?

Ah, a music thread, excellent... much more fun than redesigning these
damn forms.

I've been doing a lots of random party shuffle playlists in iTunes
recently and seeing what gets dredged up from the bowels of my
collection ("play me anything that I've rated 3 stars or above that I
haven't heard in over 6 months that contains the word 'cat'"), but
album wise these have been on pretty heavy rotation in the last few
weeks:

Forward Russia - Give Me a Wall
Metric - Let It Out
Jeff Buckley - Live at Sin-é
Afghan Whigs - 1965
Kasabian - Empire (not officially out until next Monday, but I know a
man who knows a man)
The Dears - Gang Of Losers (see Kasabian)
Elbow - Leaders Of The Free World
Giant Drag - Hearts and Unicorns
Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not
Thom Yorke - Eraser
The Duke Spirit - Cuts Across The Land
AC Acoustics - Understanding Music

As of this second I'm listening to Displacement by Id And Sleeper, a
nice bit of chilled hip-hop to get me in the mood for a quiet evening
out.

G.