[thechat] Save your six pack

John Handelaar john at userfrenzy.com
Fri Sep 1 08:04:09 CDT 2006

Madhu Menon wrote:
>> *   Ate almost no potatoes (save when dubbed 'Aloo'),
>>      and almost nothing made from flour
>
> I'm interested in what you *did* eat. :)

For the most part,

a) that small part of the menu at the Tandoori round
    the corner which adequately resembles the bhel puri
    houses I know from London (spiced potato/spinach/etc
    side dishes and some rice)

b) The occasional wafer-thinly-sliced steak sandwich
    from these "amusingly" named people:
    http://www.wellhungandtender.co.uk/

My oddly-wired brain [1] does not really contemplate food
other than when I'm hungry, and then only as something
to get through in order to proceed.

So the other diet tip would be 'don't eat if you're not
hungry'.  Regular meals for their own sake bring the
chubby (for me).  Plus there's enough carbohydrates in
the beer to last anyone quite a while.

jh

[1]  For 'oddly-wired' see above where I won't eat anything
      that's not vegetarian in the "Indian restaurant" (it
      was tandoori so probably Bangladeshi anyway), yet will
      contemplate beef.  Once I've got a pattern established
      somewhere, that's it.  Did I ever mention that I had the
      same thing for lunch at the caff opposite the office
      every day for 8 years?

John Handelaar

E  john at handelaar.org    T +353 21 427 9033
M  +353 85 748 3790    http://handelaar.org