[thechat] Banksy strikes again!

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Tue Sep 5 19:55:08 CDT 2006

Chris Marsh wrote:
> Guys
>
>>> I'd pay top dollar for one of Banksy's doctored CD's - 500 limited
>>> edition?
>>>
>>> just watch ebay!
>> Indeed, one has just sold for £750.00 on ebay. I think that
>> would take the
>> sting out of not being able to listen to Stars are Blind :)
>>
>>  http://tinyurl.com/l2mzs
>
> "My camera's broken"
> "My links are dead"
> "Bid with 100% confidence"
>
> This d00d would not instill me with confidence if I were a buyer. Also,
> why's he so keen to get shot - surely this item will only appreciate in
> value?

It's gone, funnily enough :)  From the original article, it's clear that
nothing was taken from the stores, these "doctored" CDs were manufactured
separately and placed in the stores, presumably by loyal Banksy operatives.
 Personally, I like it.  Anyone buying a Paris Hilton album needs to be
taught a lesson, as do the stores selling them.

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      |  Tim: Your cheese game is strong.
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com | Zane: My cheese game. It's all about the