[thechat] hospital costs

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Mon Sep 25 17:00:00 CDT 2006

Joel D Canfield noted:

>>just got Sue's hospital bill today.
>>Her grand total for 104 days was $315,672 US.

GREAT GOOGLIE MOOGLIES!!

Man, that's a lot of Franklins!

>>I'll preface this by saying that we have *incredible* insurance :)
>>Our share is $300

DUDE!!!  Lucky lucky lucky!  That's absolutely awesome!!  ;-)

My 1 week stay back in June ran up a tab in the mid $50's.
(Porsche Cayman maybe, but a bit shy of a Z06 Vette.)

I'm in to the insurance folks for about another $25k since then for
Doc visits, an emergency room run and a two day 'getaway' stay in a
different hospital that was sooooo chock full of tests and machines
... multiple ultrasounds, MRI, CAT scans, chest x-ray, head x-ray
(it's okay - they didn't find nothin') ... that I was quite certain
the aliens had gotten ahold of me ...... again!

Boy was I disappointed!  ;-(

And naturally it doesn't factor in the latest PET scan costs ... or
the price of the MRI on my neck I have scheduled for lunchtime this
Wed, or whatever else these folks do to me this year.

When all is said and done I figger I'll probably be out of pocket
somewhere in the 2 to 3 k range this year.  Not enough for a car ...
but enough for another very very nice guitar! ... and a new 'rescue'
club (I really want one of those - any good recommendations?)
... or a couple of tonnes of green M&Ms!!

<conspiratorially /> Mmmmmm! Everybody knows the green ones are best!

RonL.

Hmmmm ... Maybe I could start writing a Michelin guide to local
hospitals:
"What? No mints on my pillow?  See if I stay in _your_crummy hospital
again!"