[thechat] Your dream house: what tech stuff?

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Tue Oct 24 15:52:38 CDT 2006

Hershel Robinson noted:

http://atmor.net/
>>has several units, whether for a sink, a bathroom (bath, shower) or
the entire house. :)

Hi Hershel!

That's pretty neat.  For some reason (lower fuel prices perhaps?) those
kinds of things
haven't caught on too well over here.  You'll find some, but mostly (I
think) for rather
specialized applications like RVs, or remodeling efforts in existing
structures like
installing a mother-in-law apartment above a detached garage.

It's much more common here for a home to have a 40 gallon water tank
heated with natural
gas, like this:
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=211445-135
-FG1F4040S3PV&lpage=none

{Changing the thermocouple on one of these boogers is always a
nerve-wracking challenge for
the 'mechanically reclined' folks amoung us! Especially that reaching in
to relight the pilot!}

Send Pix during construction!

RonL.

[Sorry.  Lotsa folks have those 'home intercom' systems here. (There was
a decade or
two where _every_ builder was installing those darn things.)  Some folks
here have
those walkie-talkie things. (My sister and her husband keep a pair for
car trips where
they need both vehicles because they are pretty cheap and don't use any
cell minutes.)
But I haven't seen any products combining the two. Might be an idea for
a new product!]