[thechat] Your dream house: what tech stuff?

Mike King mike.king at redroom.co.uk
Thu Oct 26 10:41:03 CDT 2006

I like this thread  :)

Now that the 'Wedding Project' is out of the way (completed on-time and slightly under budget. Wohooo!) myself and thewife have the 'Old House Project' to take in hand.

We've got ourselves outline planning permission in Fermanagh (NW Ireland) and before we commit ourselves to the full planning application we're going to renovate the old house to see if we can handle:

 a) being near the middle of nowhere and
 b) being near to the in-laws.

I like a lot of the ideas I've read (especially the tap by the stove) the only thing that we're going to make sure we do is to make everything as accessible as possible in case we ever want to make it into a holiday rent place.

Anyhoo, laters
mk