[thechat] Reminders

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Wed Dec 6 10:25:16 CST 2006

On Wed, 6 Dec 2006 09:19:35 -0500, "Matt Warden" wrote:

> A year ago I would have been on the Outlook bashing bandwagon, but
> today I couldn't live without (a) Outlook on my laptop, and (b)
> Exchange synchronization with my Q.

Lotus Notes has done online/offline replication *really* well for ever, not only of mail, but of all kinds of shared document repositories.

Obviously, for shared asynchronously replicated repositories, you have the risk of version control nightmares, which is always gonna be a downside, but the alternative is to do without the offline option.

Cheers
Martin

--
"Names, once they are in common use   | Spammers: Send me email to
 quickly become mere sounds, their    | -> yumyum at easyweb.co.uk
 etymology being buried, like so many | my filter. Currently killing over
 of the earth's marvels, beneath the  | 99.9% of all known spams stone dead.
 dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie     | http://nuclearelephant.com/projects/dspam