[thechat] Its Awfuwwy Kwiet Awound Here

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Mon Jan 29 03:04:44 CST 2007

On 28 Jan 2007, at 14:08, William Anderson wrote:

>> I don't recall any situations here where hotels or restaurants
>> had to hire armed guards to deter fan violence arising from a
>> sporting match.
>>
>> I don't recall any stadiums here containing moats, attack dogs,
>> or guards with automatic weapons.
>>
>> 'Beautiful Sport' indeed!

s/Sport/Game/

> There are ample numbers of football fans who do not engage in
> violence with
> either the fans of their opponents or with innocent bystanders.
> Fans of the
> Scottish national team are renowned for their excellent behaviour,
> and are
> welcomed the world over.

It's also worthwhile pointing out that if you're a neo-nazi group,
looking for opportunities for a good fight with your opposite numbers
from another country[1], the mostly young, unaccompanied male
travelling support of a sport which is played by many countries in a
small geographical area provides a handy cover story.

How much of a travelling support do the Dallas Cowboys get, anyway?

Cheers
Martin

[1] Or indeed a bunch of criminals looking to knock over the payroll
of a major corporation under the noses of the Mafia

 > http://www.nuclearelephant.com/projects/dspam/
Sell Cloth Nappies from your website:
http://www.purpur.co.uk/announcing-purpur-associates