[thechat] Windows 2K + XP Network

Hershel Robinson hershel at galleryrobinson.com
Mon Jan 29 08:04:45 CST 2007

> since I can't see where you specify, I'll start with the simplest: this
> is XP Pro, correct? because XP Home doesn't do networking.

XP Pro, yes.

I go to My Network Places -- Entire Network -- Microsoft Windows Network
-- Workgroup and it says "Workgroup is not accessible...... Windows can
not find the network path...."

And I do not think it is a firewall issue, because when I type in:

\\Name_Of_Workstation

in the address bar, then my firewall DOES popup reporting an incoming
request. Seems that via 'My Network Places' no request ever reaches the
2K workstation.

Thanks.

--
Web Site Construction by Gallery Robinson
http://galleryrobinson.com/