[thechat] Credit Card Mortgage

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Wed Feb 28 05:19:09 CST 2007

Fred Jones wrote:
> [snip]
>
> I am maxed out at present. My total potential debt is over $100,000 so my
> last CC application only granted me $3K.

Wow, feel lucky.  My first credit card in 1999 gave me a ~ £3,000 (~
US$5,800) credit limit.  The only card I have now, I applied for last
November and got a £200 (~ US$390) credit limit.  Having shitloads of
debt is fun![1]

> I have stopped now applying. :)

You should.  If the US credit system works like ours, each credit
application will be noted on your credit record; lots of applications
looks like you're desperate for money and a potential risk, decreasing
your credit rating.

[1] I lie, of course.

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      |  Tim: Your cheese game is strong.
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com | Zane: My cheese game. It's all about the