[thechat] Mac help?

Kevin Stevens kjs at ratking.co.uk
Mon Mar 5 04:56:50 CST 2007

As some of you might know, I do some voluntary work fixing blind
people's computers. Ever since I started this it has only been PCs I've
been asked to fix, which I know my way round pretty well. Unfortunately
I have now been asked to look at a Mac and I'm a bit stuck and was
wondering if I could get some pointers from those enlightened souls who
have not chosen to follow the Dark Side :)
This is the only information I have...

<snip>
Since he upgraded from o/s9 to o/s10 (so he could run TIGER) no
applications will run - he has had the drive changed to increase RAM and
he should have 2 operating systems, 9 and 10, but nothing operates.
</snip>

Is this a common problem, or is his system toast? I know this is not a
lot to go on but I have no idea even what questions to ask.
All help gratefully received

--
Kevin Stevens
kjs at ratking.co.uk