[thechat] Mac help?

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Mon Mar 5 11:27:55 CST 2007

-----Original Message-----
OS 9 does not come with Tiger. It's possible that the OS 9 system folder got
deleted during the install. If so, it will have to be reinstalled from the
discs that came with the computer.

If OS 9 is still there (or has been reinstalled) the System Preferences will
have a Classic preference pane - make sure that's set up correctly.

Last, something obvious to Mac folks that may not be to others: To run OS 9
apps, an OS 9 system folder must be on the box - this is refereed to as the
"Classic environment". Unless your user intends to update the applications
to OS X compatible versions, installing OS X will have limited benefits.
Although many OS X apps will work with OS X's built-in screen reader:
http://www.apple.com/accessibility/voiceover/

On Behalf Of Kevin Stevens
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 4:57 AM

<snip>
Since he upgraded from o/s9 to o/s10 (so he could run TIGER) no
applications will run - he has had the drive changed to increase RAM and
he should have 2 operating systems, 9 and 10, but nothing operates.
</snip>

Is this a common problem, or is his system toast? I know this is not a
lot to go on but I have no idea even what questions to ask.
All help gratefully received

--
Kevin Stevens
kjs at ratking.co.uk