[thechat] Light Pipes (AND HEATING TOO)

Joel D Canfield joel at streamliine.com
Tue Mar 13 10:28:52 CDT 2007

> > It *is* Cali though, so the $900k for less than 2000 sq ft
> > may strike _some_ of us as being a tad beyond middle-class.
>
> Frighteningly, in the Bay Area, that *is* middle-class :-/

Yeah, Sunnyvale: far enough from SF to be a hassle, yet close enough to be expensive.

I'm dreaming of an atrium style house when we move to Eire. I can image there are days in Co. Kerry where you'd want to just remove the roof and pretend you're living outdoors.

When they built the 'trophy room' onto this house, they put a 2'x4' skylight in - three feet from the 6'x8' glass sliding door. Down at this end, where there's still a window from the trophy room to the office, nothing. So, I sit here on the brightest sunniest days, with lamps on because I've yards away from the closest sunlight.

One Solatube right above our desks would change the feel of the entire house. Cut back on electrical costs too, I'll bet. And right above me, it's about two feet from the exterior roof to the floor of the attic. Simple install for their talented technicians.

Yeah, that's the pitch for the owners . . .