[thechat] Laptop Woes

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Tue Mar 20 17:38:33 CDT 2007

Roger Austin wrote:

>   Reseat the RAM module. Shifty memory is a bitch. If you
> have two modules and can get to them, swap them. If the
> connections look funky take an old eraser to the contacts
> very softly, then reseat the modules.

If you do this, use an artgum eraser -- the pink ones will cause
problems down the road (oil buildup).

Yet another Tip From The Cloudy Past when my job included weekly PM
on the PDP-11 clones and whatnots in custom comm controllers, which
primarily consisted of yanking all those 6-inch-wide Unibus cables
out and taking an eraser to the contacts. :-)

Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com
                opinion: webtuitive.blogspot.com

                          dream.  code.