[thechat] Best way from London to Ireland?

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 14:33:33 CDT 2007

On 4/8/07, Martin Burns <martin at easyweb.co.uk> wrote:
> > Any thoughts on the best way to get to these areas from London? Take a
> > short hop flight from one of the london airports to Shannon/Limerick
>
> ...or Galway...
>
> Anyway, best way to find the best flights on budget airlines in
> Europe is
> http://www.skyscanner.net/
> specifically
> http://www.skyscanner.net/gbp/flights/lond/ie/cheapest-flights-to-
> ireland-from-london.html
>
> > then train it?
>
> The esteemed Mr Handelaar will no doubt have chapter & verse, but
> trains in Ireland aren't the best, and don't really go close to the
> Burren:
> http://www.12travel.com/ie/information/trainroutes.html
>
> Buses seem to be better:
> http://www.carlberry.co.uk/rfnshowr.asp?RN=CC050A
>
> Car rental is best of all.

Thanks very much for the advice, Martin. I think you had passed along
the skyscanner.net site once before when I was plotting a European
trip. I'll see if I can figure out the bus routes. Renting a car would
be nice, but I have a feeling they won't accept my Ohio drivers
license...

--
Matt Warden
Cleveland, OH, USA