[thechat] 99 Years in the Making?

Joel D Canfield joel at streamliine.com
Tue Apr 17 14:53:35 CDT 2007

> Not a 'news of the weird' link, but one that might be interesting
> to the folks here anyway:
>
> http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/books/04/17/review.tolkien.ap/
> index.html

when I saw the first article a few days ago the part that interested me is how loudly C Tolkein is proclaiming his hands-off-ed-ness. not that I've spent the time to grok the silmarillion or others, but I've heard complaints of his mucking about with his father's stuff.

not that I'm currently interested in a massive downer of a book; much more interested in fluffy happy endings these days; p'raps my real life has finally become more interesting than my books