[thechat] synonym (word or phrase)

Marc Seyon marc.seyon at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 16:10:25 CDT 2007

On 4/18/07, Joel D Canfield <joel at streamliine.com> wrote:

> well, I opted for something so incredibly obscure that in norCal I'll be explaining it ad infinitum - which is an acceptable effort since it makes me put on my marketing hat.
>
> my partner is Primary Evangelist, and I'm Anamchara Eolais.
>
> I'm telling people that it essentially refers to a mentor who guides others to >useful knowledge (since my job is to make technology easy to use

Interesting. That's gotta be the most not-easy-to-use business title
I've ever seen used by someone who is trying to push 'ease of use'.

"My technology is easy to use so my business title doesn't have to be."

Or maybe...

"My technology is just as esoteric and exclusionary as my business
title implies."?

I wonder which explanation clients will buy.

It reminds me of the local bank whose logo is conceptualised from the
wrapping and knotting of maypole ribbons - you know, "we know how to
TIE your money up".

Or the insurance company whose logo looks like a maze - "our policies
are so confusing you'll never get to the cheese."

Scarily, both of these are true stories. Are you going to give me
another anecdote for the archives? :)

-marc