[thechat] synonym (word or phrase)

David Kaufman david at gigawatt.com
Wed Apr 18 17:36:24 CDT 2007

Joel D Canfield <joel at streamliine.com> wrote:
> I'm looking for a word or short phrase, suitable as a business title
> in an artistic realm, which essentially means 'the one who makes
> [technology | tools | hard stuff] [easy | fun | usable]'
>
> and, to make it even more fun, non-English words/phrases which mean
> something similar but aren't easily translated into English are just
> fine. it's okay if people ask "What does that mean?"
>
> ideas?

The Wizard [1], in a recent Monday Morning Memo [0], suggests "Suessing"
or making up your own words, as a way to penetrate the shield of
indifference and leap the wall of inattention.

I'm thinking, Senior Usabilitator? Tech Tool Enfuninator... Junior
Discomplexifier in Training (nah, too self-deprecating -- I have
problems with that).

Some other cutesy tech titles I've heard recently are "Chief Bit Tamer"
and "Director of Cat Herding".

Hope this helps.  Roy never fails to inspire me -- READ ON:

[0] "Magic Words" - The Monday Morning Memo for March 12, 2007