[thechat] France's new president

Roger Austin raustin3 at nc.rr.com
Sun May 13 20:15:03 CDT 2007

Stéphane Deschamps wrote:
> Oh yes I do. He's radical and is in favour of genetic filing of people.
> I find it very dangerous.

  I had not heard about the genetic thing. I will try to find some
information on that issue. What are the checks on the French
president's power? I assumed that the National Assembly would be
from the same party. Are the policies of the president mostly
accepted by the assembly or does the assembly help make the
policies? Does the prime minister take his/her orders from the
president? I have never understood that relationship.

> Oh, and of course he's very quick to give short answers to difficult
> problems: for instance our country's current bad shape is due to
> immigration and kids born from immigrated people, who are most of them
> rioters and looters.

  He sounds very much like our current president W. All problems have
simple answers to Bush. Now that his party is out of power in the
congress, we hope that things may change. I am not holding my breath.
  It is not surprising to me that the immigrant issue is a hot topic.
It is the same in my area. Many working class people feel that almost
all problems are due to illegal immigrants from Central America.

--
Visit http://www.misshunt.com/ for fun and creative items including
the famous Clean/Dirty dishwasher magnet, now available in velcro.