[thechat] The Plimsolls

Joel D Canfield joel at streamliine.com
Thu Aug 9 10:25:45 CDT 2007

> Wow, last album 1983. A whole 25 years ago that sounded "new"
> ... aged.
>
> I was going to ask how many other alt-rock bands can we name
> who haven't
> released an album _since_ 1983? I can think of zero.

I was thinking The Motels, but '83 was just their second album, 'Little
Robbers', which I miss deeply. (Tip to those considering breaking up
with your significant other: move the albums and books out first . . . )

But The Motels not only released their third and fourth albums in '85
and '87, but Martha Davis put together a whole new band and started
releasing new albums again over the past six years.