[thechat] discussion question: corporate vs nonprofit sectors

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 14:26:22 CDT 2007

On 9/22/07, Erika <ekm at seastorm.com> wrote:
> How is academia "totally different" than the nonprofit sector?

Erika,

Academia is probably the most cut-throat place to be in. At least that
was my experience when I was in a Neuroscience lab. Saboteurs abound.

I have heard a number of stories from people in other areas of academia.

I'm now running the rat race and find it much more pleasant.

(Not at all what I expected prior to joining the ranks of academia.)

--
Matt Warden
Cincinnati, OH, USA