[thechat] Fun Link!

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Tue Oct 30 10:03:48 CDT 2007

... And it's not even Friday!

More cool stuff from pink tentacle, which, despite the name, actually _is_ SFW.

http://www.pinktentacle.com/2007/10/onomatopoeic-sculptures/

I think the next step would be a wind chime where the metal bits spelt out things like "ding".  C'mon, wouldn't you like to see Douglas Hofstadter offer a self-referential wind chime on cafepress?  Now _that_ would be funny!

Amused Again,
RonL.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

[Postscript -- Wow!  Is this web-thingie a whacky place or what?  Just for fun, I tracked down an email address for Mr. Hofstadter at his university post and sent him a copy of the link and my suggestion that he offer the self-referential wind chime.  ;-)  Gee. I hope he finds it as amusing as I do.]