[thechat] Stiffed :(

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 03:16:01 CDT 2008

I wrote them a stern but not yet threatening letter, CC'd to my lawyer,
and lo and behold, they responded same day. They sent a long, mildly
nasty letter about what they don't like about my work, but now at least
they agreed to pay $500.

I will discuss this with my lawyer and see how to proceed with the rest
of the money.

> Sad cases like this one can end up being The Best Things That Ever
> Happened To You, professionally, if you use them to figure out what
> really went awry, decide what you *could* have done differently, and do
> learn to *do* things differently in the future!

Yes, seems I must revert to my old system of NOT just trusting people.
Pity. :(

> -dave (now wondering if this shoulda been an article submission)

I think so. :)

I, at the very least, am $500 better off than I was before I posted to
this list.

Thanks!