[thechat] Stiffed :( (OR: How can I find a snail mail address in London?)

Johnathon Tinsley jtinsley at encryptec.net
Wed Mar 19 08:46:11 CDT 2008

----- "Fred Jones" <fredthejonester at gmail.com> wrote:
> Johnathon Tinsley wrote:
> > Phone book. As long as they're not ex-directory, you know the
> general area and their name is not too common, you can look them up
> using the BT phonebook.
> >

> http://www.thephonebook.bt.com/publisha.content/en/search/residential/search.publisha
>
> I had tried that site before. I only realized now that you must enter
>
> both the name and the city. I put their name and London and no
> results.
> Is there no way to search in all of England?
> ____

Try with just first initial, like "J Tinsley" in the name.

No, there's no way to search all of England / The UK (they are different ;)) mainly because of the number of results you're likely to have returned.

You could also try searching the electoral register, although that requires you pay for access.
http://www.192.com/ < allows you to search directory enquiries, and the electoral register (and another couple of databases)

HTH

Johnathon

--
Johnathon Tinsley, Encryptec Limited
Tel: 0845 5082719, Mob: 07846 009931
Email: jtinsley at encryptec.net, MSN: jtinsley at encryptec.net

Statements made are at all times subject to Encryptec's
Terms and Conditions of Business, which are available upon request.