[thechat] Guitar envy...

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Fri May 2 14:38:04 CDT 2008

On 2 May 2008, at 13:45, Luther, Ron wrote:

>>> What sound do I try 1st..?
>
> Hello??  Four-Oh in the UK?  _Clearly_ this calls for starting with
> a classic Ricky tone!!
>
> The real question here is whether to outboard that to a modeled Vox
> AC15 ... or to the AC30!  Heh!

All in good time, when I can sneak a Pod XT into the house >-)

Meantime, it'll be going through Garageband.

Alt tunings are fun, but mostly best for an acoustic...
http://www.line6.com/variaxacoustic/

I used to play quite a few tunes in different tunings on my old
acoustic, but the retuning was hell. Damn, this doesn't have a sample:
http://www.last.fm/music/Brian+McNeill/_/The+Bridal+Boat

Cheers
Martin