[thechat] Old Music --> wuz --> RE: OMD

Erika ekm at seastorm.com
Tue Jun 3 11:45:32 CDT 2008

I used to just look through those Columbia Music House ads and fantasize
about joining... that was pretty cool.  for fantasizing.  You KNEW that
they'd ream you if they got a chance though... but yeah, it was like, a
zillion albums for a penny... just to suck you in.  Last I remember of
"Columbia music house" my daughter was using them as stickers...

I never could understand why a person would BUY an album on cassette...
they were practically the same price as records and apt to self-destruct
at any moment... when you could just record from a record player.....
and pick the songs you like..

My first ripped music was Beatles compilations made by placing a tape
deck between the speakers.  At some point we got a stereo that included
a cassette deck.

Erika