[thechat] MS Word formatting insanity

Joel D Canfield joel at bizba6.com
Tue Jul 8 12:01:46 CDT 2008

> and I'll experiment with the copy/paste as text, just to see if that's
> the problem.

I should have known. Really I should have.

Yes, pasting just the text to a new Word file, then doing all the
formatting I did yesterday-it works exactly as expected.

So now I'm afraid to use the corrupted file, which means going back
through and updating all the formatting in the new file, saving versions
as I go.

It also means posting a query to thelist about an open source page
layout tool for Linux.

joel