[thechat] 10Volt --> wuz RE: when is evolt's 10th anniversary?

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Thu Aug 7 10:20:56 CDT 2008

Newly elected 10Volt chairmistress Erika (Boy!  Does _that_ scream for a t-shirt design or what?) noted:

>>I really think it would be cool to do something for the 10 year,
>>which sounds like it is indeed in December.

Okay.  Pick a date or a date range then and git started!  ;-)

20-Dec is a Saturday, but is it too close to the holidays?  Should we back off to 13-Dec ... Or jump ahead to 3-Jan?  Or would you prefer a Friday or a Trout-Tuesday or something instead?

>>I kinda like the idea of having a bunch of simultaneous mini-evolticons
>>in major evolt hubs... something like that... maybe even a big one...
>>take lots of photos, post them to the internets.  But I'm open to ideas.

Sounds good!
(Actually it sounds a bit like my sister's scrapbooking stuff, but eh, what the heck.)

The only other old-timer in my neck of the woods may not be available to party-hearty (congrats again on the birth of their third boy earlier this week) but I can e-tipple and virtual-toast with the best of 'em!

>>Also would be cool if someone did write a more involved history of the org.
Yes and no.  *I* like it and there is a lot of good stuff and good people to highlight like our writeup in the IA book and all of the various other book things.  But it might be tough to put together a 'fair, evenhanded, and unbiased' account of the Dan-thing or the .jeff-thing ... knowhatimean, vern?

>>POWW
Heh.  Was that part of the larger webgrrrls thing?  I always thought that was a good thing.

Excellent!!  Good for her!  I remember Amanda.

>>Anyhoo... LET'S DO SOMETHING.
Aye, aye Captain!

Anyone else hearing Micky and Judy saying "Hey kids, let's put on a show!" somewhere in the distance?  ;-)

RonL.
(I think Dave Kaufman set up the evolt Cafepress junk.  If you ask him I think he might either work with you or give you admin access to go in and add some kewl colours and stuff.  I still have my blackhat ... It was the first one we sold!)