[thechat] I hate my email

Kath topkat at cyber-kat.com
Mon Aug 18 06:11:19 CDT 2008

At 12:42 PM 8/16/2008, you wrote:
>I know there are spam tools out there. For a business (that's me)
>they're generally not free. I'm not ready to plunge into learning a *NIX
>mail tool, and I've grown addicted to my Exchange box-which is probably
>a major pain point, and reason to go through this.

My husband and I use this ...
"Introducing MailWasher, the leader in spam filter software, and the
easiest way to check and manage your e-mails before you download them.

MailWasher is free to use and won't ever expire. It works with
Outlook, Outlook Express and every other email program. " -
http://www.mailwasher.net/
It has cut down on our Spam intake considerably.  The best part is
that you are not downloading the Spam to your machine.  It presents
you with a list of headers that it reads from the server.  It marks
what it thinks is Spam and then the rest is up to you.  If you have a
white list or black list already set up, you can import it into the program.

If you're not sure about something, you can preview either the header
or the entire message safely in a text file.  You can report Spam to
their database and you can bounce the spam back to the sender just as
it would be bounced if the email address was invalid.

It learns as you mark things either spam or friendly.

We love it and now it's free!  Works also with Eudora and
Thunderbird.  I don't think it will work with web based mail,

Kath ...
Established 1995 --> www.cyber-kat.com

"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total,
and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the
diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the
Constitution."  --Barbara Jordon, Congresswoman from Texas 1936-1996
End the Occupation!  Troops home NOW!