[thechat] Thanks!! and...

Erika ekm at seastorm.com
Wed Aug 20 22:02:19 CDT 2008

thanks so much, Ron, I love citations.  And Elfur!!! that is a huge
help. YAY!!! keep stuff coming if you can, please...

In the writing, I guess I won't try to go into a lot of detail about who
did what when because I'm bound to make mistakes and leave stuff out and
step on toes... & yes now I recall a bit more why some of the power
struggles occurred.

The hosting/cost issue is of interest.  Is this a sleeping giant that we
don't want to rouse?  Or should it be brought forward? If we are still
actively soliciting donations, it would be good to have those facts and
numbers, and/or if it's being happily donated, does the benefactor want
to be known?  I don't know. I'm open to putting it out there, or not,
depending on what y'all think.

Re: the energy of the community: IMO it is the nature of a mature
webgroup (judging from the ones i am part of) to find sort of a lower
holding-pattern and/or experience bursts of activity.  I think that's
all natural.  I personally have completely detached from evolt.org (and
for that matter, from web-building involvement overall) for months or
even years at a time.  I think it's far healthier to take breaks than to
run yourself into the ground...

I personally would like to re-energize evolt's content a bit, though.
Evolt is historically as much a networking/content/community place as a
web dev help list.   I think 10volt is a good time to re-energize.

Erika