[thechat] ahoy, me mateys

Erika ekm at seastorm.com
Fri Sep 19 13:05:18 CDT 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgTBBqIn6Rs&feature=related
Yarr!!!

About 2 minutes in it starts to sound like Enimem's "look who's back,
Shady's back..."

Captain Bogg and Salty is v.2. of the 90s pdx-proto-pirate-core band,
Pirate Jenny. (Both led by hottie guitarist Kevin Hendrickson)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Bogg_and_Salty
http://www.kevinhendrickson.com/kh/pirate-jenny/pirate-jenny.html

Pirate Jenny was more of a punk band...the fist pirate band in Portland.
  Less child-friendly but pretty damn awesome!

My friend Ron Lee* was the bassist for Pirate Jenny. Ron put some of the
Pirate Jenny stuff on his youtube acct...
http://www.youtube.com/user/ronnieshow

Actually, my favorite of Ron's youtube channel is "Ron's Guitar Lesson"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2masLMpY8uk

AND JUDAH Nice to see you out of the woodwork.  I think we should do a
combined PDX/EUGENE December 10volt beervolt... like a full-Oregon
beervolt...

Erika

---------

*Ron and I go back to 1984 when we first met in Kamp Lintfort, West
Germany, and spent lots of time getting teenage kicks, drinking, and
listening to rock n roll music.