[thechat] Kramer bass (was RE: fond memories of Verisign's wildcard DNS)

Chrome admin at chrome.me.uk
Wed Oct 1 09:08:25 CDT 2008

> -----Original Message-----
> From: thechat-bounces at lists.evolt.org [mailto:thechat-
> bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Joel D Canfield
> Sent: 01 October 2008 14:13
> To: The evolt.org social mailing list
> Subject: [thechat] Kramer bass (was RE: fond memories of Verisign's
> wildcard DNS)
> You say 'used to play'-didja sell it?

Actually I borrowed it... At the time I was a drummer and learning guitar...
I got a phone call off a friend asking me if I wanted to join this band so I
said cool... Then he told me I had about an hour to learn bass

We always were renowned for our preparatory work... At the time I didn't
think I was too bad on the old bass till a couple of years later when I
playing drums in a different band... The bassist in that band was
*brilliant*... He used to play a 5 string (he also had a 6 string) and was
awesome at funk and slap

I couldn't even get my fingers around the neck of the 6 string :)

My most depressing moment was coming home to find we were broken into and my
Jackson guitar (active circuitry and a Floyd Rose double-locking trem...
mmmmm) had been stolen... I wasn't a happy chicken

My eyes are misting up now

Dan