[thechat] Celtic tunes on a Chapman stick (moved to thechat; was RE: [xforum] Challenging Drupal: Put up or shut up)

Joel D Canfield joel at bizba6.com
Tue Oct 14 13:31:31 CDT 2008

> RonL.
>
> Who was talking with some guy playing homespun Celtic tunes
> on his Chapman stick up in Salado last weekend ... but forgot
> to snag a business card for you.   ;-(   Sorry.  I was
> distracted - he had three sticks!

Yup, I really did edit this and move it over here just the yell at you.

You pernicious weed. You aggregate of salubriousness. You forgetter of
musical things. I am pained; cut to the quick, or at least to the fairly
quick.

(Not really. It was just an excuse to use a buncha big words I don't get
to haul out very often.)

Hey, my book release party for my biz book went purty good (note: a
Certain Item is in the mail, hastening toward Castle Luther in the
hinterlands of Texas) and there are two fairly watchable videos from our
musical endeavours:

My song "The Hillside", sung as it should be sung, by Russia Saturn

    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7252812487575705686

Bill Walker's piece "Yellow Mountain, Mist and Sun"

    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4407529294189201504

Long time since I had that much music fun. Collaborating with Bill has
dredged up the first song I've written since February's madness. Half a
song, anyway. Vikings, Celts, boats, oceans, conflict and hope. Might
foster an entire album.

joel