[thechat] Election Sweepstake

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Sun Oct 26 17:55:58 CDT 2008

Jeremy Weiss wrote:

> [re'] "except the landslide loss of Barry Goldwater in 1964." That
 > particular election was a bit before my time, but I'm going to have
 > to read up on it to see why everyone disliked the guy so much. :)

I don't think it was "dislike" as much as abject fear, that the guy
would actually launch an unprovoked nuclear strike against the Soviet
Union. IIRC.

Note, I was in my freshman year in college, and my focus was pretty
much entirely on surfing, cars, and chicks (not neccessarily in that
order) rather than politics. Southern California, what can I say...

So, er, there may be better historical references :-)

Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com
Webtuitive Design ===  (+1) 408-621-3445   === http://webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.