[thechat] Election Sweepstake

erik mattheis zero at gozz.com
Mon Oct 27 00:19:14 CDT 2008

Obama 379 EV, which is the Kerry/Edwards 2004 states, plus CO, FL, IN, IA,
MO, NV, NM, NC, OH, VA, either ND or MT and one of NE's electoral votes.

I'm not going to try to guess on popular vote, it really depends on whether
Obama will be able to keep up the aura of inevitability or not.

Jeremy - yes, I think there's several ways it could come up 269/269 but
given that certain states are going to be safe Republican or Democrat, the
remotely likely scenarios are very few --- I believe in  2000 there was a
possibility of a tie; and the Obama campaign is actively trying to win the
Nebraska vote in there district around Omaha, but I sorta think its more
about that one NE vote underlining a decicive vicxtory for the campaign than
worrying about breaking a tie.

There's been at least one electoral tie, hasn't there? Someone check
wikpedia ...

- Erik

--
Erik Mattheis

Politics, hydroponics, poison frogs and elephant rampages
http://fearofclowns.com/
612 377 21272