[thechat] Candidate Websites (was Election Sweepstake)

Ben Dyer radicalbender at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 20:52:54 CDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 8:32 PM, Erika <ekm at seastorm.com> wrote:

> Freakoid Internet libertarians aside, (luv ya, Matt!) Obama is downright
> inspiring.  Dude isn't perfect (as his 404 page reports... oh shit,
> Obama's 404 totally pwns evolt's 404... that's a sad thing)

Speaking of candidates' websites, I'd like to direct your attention to one
in particular:

http://www.tonygoolsby102.com/
(Warning: Auto-playing video)

This monstrosity is the website of my incumbent Texas state representative,
Republican Tony Goolsby.  Bearing in mind, I understand that state races
rarely generate enough financial donations to be able to create a
top-of-the-line website like for federal race candidates, but, UGH! All
*images*?? Seriously??

I don't like to make snap judgments about candidates based on their websites
(his Democratic rival, Carol Kent's website isn't much better, but it does
use text, at least), but this screams "I am an out-of-touch Republican with
no working knowledge on the importance of the internet!"

What terrible websites do some of your local or regional candidates have?

--Ben

--
*Ben Dyer* is *Radical Bender*
Web <http://radicalbender.com> | Twitter <http://twitter.com/radicalbender>|