[thechat] tricky Yankee speech (was RE: Knife-man found in BusinessWeek)

Joel D Canfield joel at bizba6.com
Fri Nov 7 09:04:21 CST 2008

> They
> use a similar language so you can make out what they are saying
> most of the time.

that's purty darn funny, Roger.

when we moved from California to Texas, I told people I was from
Wisconsin (I was born there) and leaned on the 'oot' and 'eh' as much as
I could (they're natural, but muffled after 40 years away from home.)

funny how Texans react to Californians. I mean, they don't like anyone
who's not from Texas ("That's right, you're not from Texas!") but they
hold a special place for folks from Californy. (Which just proves that
the Wisconsin gambit works, because Cap'n Ron was somehow tricked into
thinking I'm an okay guy, and even risked coming all the way to the
coast for my wedding reception.)

joel